Brickell Karate now offers Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Classes for Adults every Monday and Wednesday from 7:30 to 8:30.
Located in the Heart Of Miami, MMA Masters specializes in MMA, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai/Kickboxing, Boxing, Judo and Wrestling. We Provide Classes for Adults and Children of all Levels, From Beginners to Professionals. We Will Help You Reach Your Goals, Whether You Want to Learn Self-defense, Become a Better Athlete, or Just Lose Weight and Stay in Shape! We are dedicated to the highest quality of Mixed Martial Arts training. MMA Masters is committed to continually enhancing our program to address exercise, drills, safety and realistic approach to self-defense situations. We “Build Confidence Through Achievement” and provide an environment conductive to positive relationships fostering self-discipline, self-confidence and self-respect. World Class Coaches Welcome You! No Experience Needed!
Daniel Valverde was born on the 10th of August 1976 in Salvador da Bahia, Brazil. Daniel is the son of Belmiro Valverde, a Judo black belt. Belmiro (who actively competed until he was well in his 60’s) started teaching his son the Judo game from the age of 4 and saw Daniel graduate as a black belt when he was 19 (in 1995).
Oswaldo Alves came into Valverde’s life as Daniel moved to Rio de Janeiro and started training with the legendary coach, earning both his brown belt and black belt from Alves – Black belt graduation in 2001.
In the early 2000’s Daniel decided to travel to America. After establishing himself and competing for a few years in the US., Daniel signed on to be Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/grappling coach on the hit reality show “TUF” (The Ultimate Fighter) season 8. While in the show, Daniel ended up getting involved in a harsh exchange of words with one of the contestants, Vinny Magalhaes. The rivalry ended up being settled on the Grapplers Quest show in a friendly Grappling competition (super fight). Valverde was smaller then his opponent, but made good use of his strong top game to defeat Magalhaes.
In 2009 Daniel Valverde paired up with Cesar Carneiro to found a new MMA team called MMA Masters, Valverde being the wrestling and BJJ coach, while Carneiro taught the stand up realm of the game.
Main Titles in Jiu Jitsu:
- World Nogi Champion (2007 absolute – Master);
- 4x Bahia State Champion – Black Belt (2003 & 2004 weight and absolute);
- Grapplers Quest Superfight Champion (UFC Expo against Vinny Magalhaes);
- ADCC Reserve Fight Champion (2004 against Eduardo Jamelão);
- Budweiser Cup Champion (2004 Nogi);
- Atlantic Cup Champion (2004 absolute);
- NAGA Superfight Champion (2004 against Enrico Coco)
Other Important Titles in Jiu Jitsu:
- Alfa-Barra Cup Champion (2000 Brown Belt);
- 2x Bahia Champion (1994 Blue Belt, 1996 Purple Belt);
- Gracie Cup Champion (1994 Blue Belt);
Judo Main Achievements:
- 10x Bahia State Champion (1991, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000);
- Brazilian University Champion (1997);
- New York Judo Open Champion (1998);
- Brazil vs Mexico Challenge Champion (1999);
- South American University Silver Medallist (1997);
- 3x Brazilian National Bronze Medallist (1992, 1997 & 1998)
Weight Division: Peso Medio (82kg-181lbs)
Favourite Position/Technique: Guard Pass, Kimura Lock from “Kesa-Gatame”.